1. You should completely read and understand the Notice of (I) Pendency of Class Action and Proposed Settlement; (II) Settlement Fairness Hearing; and (III) Motion for Attorneys’ Fees and Litigation Expenses (the “Notice”) provided with this Claim Form, including the Plan of Allocation of the Net Settlement Amount set forth in the Notice. The Notice describes the proposed Settlement, how Class Members are affected by it, and the manner in which the Net Settlement Amount will be distributed if the Court approves the Settlement and Plan of Allocation. The Notice also contains the definitions of many of the defined terms (which are indicated by initial capital letters) used in this Claim Form. By signing and submitting this Claim Form, you will be certifying that you have read and understand the Notice, including the terms of the releases provided for in this Claim Form.
2. By submitting this Claim Form, you will be making a request to receive a payment from the Settlement described in the Notice. IF YOU ARE NOT A CLASS MEMBER (see the definition of the Class on page 5 of the Notice, which explains who is included in and who is excluded from the Class), OR IF YOU, OR SOMEONE ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF, SUBMITTED A REQUEST FOR EXCLUSION FROM THE CLASS, DO NOT SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM. YOU MAY NOT, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, PARTICIPATE IN THE SETTLEMENT IF YOU ARE NOT A CLASS MEMBER. If you are excluded from the Class, any Claim Form that you submit, or that is submitted on your behalf, will not be accepted.
3. Submission of this Claim Form does not guarantee that you will be eligible to receive a payment from the Settlement. The distribution of the Net Settlement Amount will be governed by the Plan of Allocation set forth in the Notice, if it is approved by the Court, or by such other plan of allocation as the Court approves.
4. Use the Schedule of Transactions in Part III of this Claim Form to supply all required details of your transaction(s) in, and holdings of, limited partnership interests in Vida Longevity Fund, LP (“VLF”) during the relevant period. On this schedule, provide all of the requested information about your holdings, purchases, acquisitions, and sales/redemption of VLF Interests (including free transfers and deliveries), whether such transactions resulted in a profit or a loss. Failure to report all transaction and holding information during the requested time period could result in the rejection of your claim.
5. Please note: The Settlement applies only to VLF Interests purchased during the Class Period (i.e., from January 1, 2017 through March 19, 2021, inclusive). VLF Interests are limited partnership interests in VLF, whether purchased directly, or indirectly through Life Assets Trust S.A. Compartments VII and/or VIII.
6. You must submit genuine and sufficient documentation for all of your transactions in and holdings of VLF Interests as set forth in the Schedule of Transactions in Part III of this Claim Form. Documentation may consist of copies of subscription agreements, statements from your broker or investment adviser containing the transactional and holding information found in a broker confirmation slip or account statement, or other documents containing transaction information relating to VLF Interests (purchase/sale date, amount price, etc.). The Parties and the Claims Administrator might not independently have information about your investments in VLF Interests. IF SUCH DOCUMENTS ARE NOT IN YOUR POSSESSION, PLEASE OBTAIN COPIES OF THE DOCUMENTS OR EQUIVALENT DOCUMENTS FROM YOUR FINANCIAL ADVISER OR BROKER. FAILURE TO SUPPLY THIS DOCUMENTATION MIGHT RESULT IN THE REJECTION OF YOUR CLAIM. DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please keep a copy of all documents that you send to the Claims Administrator. Also, do not highlight any portion of the Claim Form or any supporting documents.
7. Use Part I of this Claim Form titled “CLAIMANT INFORMATION” to identify the beneficial owner(s) of the VLF Interests. The complete name(s) of the beneficial owner(s) must be entered. If you held the VLF Interests in your own name, you were the beneficial owner as well as the record owner. If there were joint beneficial owners, each one must sign this Claim Form, and their names must appear as “Claimants” in Part I.
8. One Claim should be submitted for each separate legal entity. Separate Claim Forms should be submitted for each separate legal entity (e.g., a claim from joint owners should not include separate transactions of just one of the joint owners, and an individual should not combine his or her IRA transactions or transactions in the name of a trust with transactions made solely in the individual’s name). Conversely, a single Claim Form should be submitted on behalf of one legal entity including all transactions made by that entity, no matter how many separate accounts that entity has.
9. Agents, executors, administrators, guardians, and trustees must complete and sign the Claim Form on behalf of persons represented by them, and they must:
(a) expressly state the capacity in which they are acting;
(b) identify the name, account number, last four digits of the Social Security Number (or taxpayer identification number), address, and telephone number of the beneficial owner of (or other person or entity on whose behalf they are acting with respect to) the VLF Interests; and
(c) furnish evidence of their authority to bind to the Claim Form the person or entity on whose behalf they are acting. (Authority to complete and sign a Claim Form cannot be established by stockbrokers’ demonstrating only that they have discretionary authority to trade securities in another person’s accounts.)
10. By submitting a signed Claim Form, you will be swearing that you:
(a) own(ed) the VLF Interests you have listed in the Claim Form; or
(b) are expressly authorized to act on behalf of the owner of those VLF Interests.
11. By submitting a signed Claim Form, you will be swearing to the truth of the statements it contains and the genuineness of the documents attached to it, subject to penalties of perjury under the laws of the United States of America. The making of false statements, or the submission of forged or fraudulent documentation, will result in the rejection of your claim and might subject you to civil liability or criminal prosecution.
12. If the Court approves the Settlement, payments to eligible Authorized Claimants pursuant to the Plan of Allocation (or such other plan of allocation as the Court approves) will be made after any appeals are resolved, and after the completion of all claims processing. The claims process will take substantial time to complete fully and fairly. Please be patient.
13. PLEASE NOTE: As set forth in the Plan of Allocation, each Authorized Claimant shall receive his, her, or its pro rata share of the Net Settlement Amount. If the prorated payment to any Authorized Claimant calculates to less than $10.00, it will not be included in the calculation, and no distribution will be made to that Authorized Claimant.
14. If you have questions concerning the Claim Form, or need additional copies of the Claim Form or the Notice, you may contact the Claims Administrator, Strategic Claims Services, at the above address, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by toll-free phone at 1-866-274-4004, or you can visit the Settlement website, www.strategicclaims.net/VLF, where you can file your claim online or download copies of the Claim Form and Notice.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE
YOUR CLAIM IS NOT DEEMED FILED UNTIL YOU RECEIVE AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT POSTCARD. THE CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR WILL ACKNOWLEDGE RECEIPT OF YOUR CLAIM FORM WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER YOUR SUBMISSION. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE AN ACKNOWLEDGEMENT POSTCARD WITHIN 60 DAYS, PLEASE CONTACT THE CLAIMS ADMINISTRATOR TOLL-FREE AT 1-866-274-4004.